Description & Details
Communities Foundation of Oklahoma (CFO) is searching for an experienced professional who is passionate about working with donors to affect change and implementing grant programs to increase charitable impact across the state. This position requires a self-starter mentality with experience in nonprofit organization administration.
This position will be charged with leading a team responsible for administering all of CFO’s grantmaking programs as well as donor engagement and stewardship activities. The Director of Donor Services and Programs will report to the Executive Director.
CFO offices are located in Oklahoma City. Statewide travel will be necessary for this position.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role in the nonprofit sector is required and experience working for a foundation is preferred.
- Lead a team in managing the day-to-day operations of the Donor Services and Programs department which includes customer service, donor stewardship, grant administration and payment processing, due diligence, and compliance with IRS regulations
- Ensure team strives for excellence and successfully meets goals and deadlines
- Work with Executive Director and leadership team to set strategy and budget for the department, ensuring activities fit within the mission and larger strategy for the foundation
- Work with portfolio of individual donors and fundholders to develop and execute on unique charitable goals
- Stay up-to-date with nonprofit landscape in OKC and partner communities to understand existing services as well as gaps in services that CFO donors may be interested in supporting
- Work with CFO Grants Committee to set strategy and impact goals for CFO’s discretionary and board driven statewide grant program
- Work with several committees to facilitate their grantmaking and philanthropic goals
- Work closely with Philanthropic Services team to onboard new donors and fundholders
- Work with Accounting Department to review fund statements and assist with the annual distribution process for endowed funds
- Travel statewide to steward existing donors and fundholders
- Identify new opportunities for partnership and foster existing collaborative relationships with all foundation partners
- Prepare and provide customized presentations for nonprofit endowment partners across the state
- Work with Communications team to capture storytelling and impact through various programs and services
- Create a collaborative and supportive environment for all staff and work with leadership team to develop excellent culture in the workplace
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Experience supervising staff
- Ability to build authentic relationships
- Ability to represent the foundation in a professional manner at community events, meetings, etc
- Strong public speaking skills
- Excellent customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize projects for department
- Positive attitude
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technology
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector and general compliance requirements with IRS and ability to keep up to date on evolving IRS regulations related to community foundation grantmaking
- Ability to problem-solve, work efficiently and with accuracy
- Experience administering grant programs is preferred
Benefits & Salary
- Health Insurance Available (Employer pays for ½ of employee’s premium)
- Retirement Plan with 5% Employer Match
- Dental Insurance (Fully paid by employer)
- Life & Disability Insurance (Fully paid by Employer)
- Cell Phone Reimbursement ($50/month)
- Annual Holidays Off
- Hours: M-Th 8:30am-5pm (1-hour lunch) – Fridays 8:30am-Noon
- Flex Spending Plan Available
- Generous annual PTO benefits – 156 Hours/year.
- 34-hour work week
- Employee Assistance Program from A Chance to Change
- Gym membership at Chesapeake Fitness
Resumes should be sent to Lauren Lynch at email@example.com.